Monday, August 15, 2016

Something Quick: Dior Skyline Polish

[Product was purchased by me.]

I just wanted to throw this out there, because I couldn't find a lot of swatches when I was shopping for it, so this will be quick.

I have a soft spot for Dior polish. It's my favorite brand of polish, and lasts about a week or so (with proper base and top coats - my current favorites are Lippmann's All About that Base CC Base Coat, and Addicted to Speed top coat). I always keep an eye out for new releases, so I picked up Skyline (from Nordstrom, $27). I thought it would be an oxblood cream.
In shade - looks like a deep purple cream.
It's not, though. It's a dusty purple in shade, similar to Lippmann Miss Independent, but in sunlight - boom. It's a reddish chocolate brown, with that famous secret shimmer. It's quite unique, and perfect for autumn.
You can kind of see the shimmer. It's more pronounced than in some other recent polishes, but still...it's "secret."
The two US releases (as far as I can tell) are Skyline and Minimal; Minimal is a praline cream, and I'm eyeing it hard. I have Lippmann Naked, but Minimal is an opaque cream (from what I can tell, anyway), so...we'll see. Still, I feel like Dior's polish prices go up every year, so I don't know. $27 is getting up there.

I purchased mine at Nordstrom, but it's available at most Dior beauty retailers. I believe it's limited edition - most of their seasonal releases are. These still feature that fabulous wide brush, which I love. Also, even though I'm not into any of the other products in this collection, I do love the promo photo:
[image source]

It's so deliciously VAMPY. I mean, maybe I should be looking at recreating that lipstick-gloss combo. And that eye look. I'm pretty sure I have enough STUFF to do it. And I haven't tackled a FOTD in a long time. OK, SELF, CHALLENGE ACCEPTED.