Tuesday, August 23, 2016

FOTD: Finally on the Taupe Train with Shiseido Pink Sands

[Products marked * were gwp samples; all others were purchased by me or received as gifts from friends.]
I KNOW, AN FOTD. 

I'm feeling kind of artsy again. Or at least, like I want to spend more than three minutes on my face, and do a little more than slap on concealer and brows.
Shiseido Pink Sands Trio - RD711.
Plus, I got excited, because up until a few weeks ago, I wasn't really into this Pink Sands trio. Which kind of hurt my heart a little (drama much, I know), because I love Shiseido trios - previously documented here, and here). But the peachy shade is a little too pale, the pink borders on a rash for me, and the taupe was...eh. Taupe. Nothing to get your knickers knocked about for, right?
Taupe shade from Pink Sands on eyes, layered over Laura Mercier Sand Glow Caviar Stick, with the dark brown shade from Shiseido OR302 in the crease.
But I started playing around with it (and I also picked up some MAC eye brushes lately, which seems to have made a huge difference in how shadows apply) and ok, I get it. Taupe is pretty. *flutters fingers in a sparkly motion*
Ohhh, there's dog fluff in my hair, ha!
Other makeup:
Makeup Forever HD Blush in 520 Blackcurrant
Armani Fluid Sheer in 2 Shimmering Beige*

So, are you a taupe lover? Have you ever renewed your interest in a product that you had initially written off?