Monday, April 25, 2016

Becca Backlight Targeted Colour Corrector in Pistachio

I feel like I've been at war with my skin, lately. Breakouts, dryness, itchiness...I have no idea what's going on. And the occasional jawline redness has turned into a persistent, daily presence. Thankfully, color correcting is all the rage right now, and there are a lot of products out there that address redness, with, you guessed it, green pigment (opposites on the color wheel and all that artsy stuff).
The texture is creamy, kind of like the RMS Uncover Up. Warms up easily with fingers and applies smoothly. I pat it on to keep it from sheering out, rather than brushing/spreading.

There are tons of options (I looked at Sephora's house line, LancĂ´me's cc cushions, MUFE, and Urban Decay before settling on this), but Becca's appealed to me because of its cream texture and those handy "light-reflecting pearls," which can also help alleviate the appearance of redness. Verdict: I really like it, and am having a Becca base moment (with their concealer, at least - still need to crack open the foundation I purchased).

From left to right above, I show my bare face, with redness along the jawline, then with Pistachio patted lightly with my ring finger over red blotches on most of my face, and finally after additional application of Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream in 03 Buttercream. Most redness is gone, and though I tend to be conservative, Pistachio can be layered nicely without looking heavy, and it's easy to use, even daily. If I use a more pigmented foundation, like the MUFE Ultra HD Foundation Stick, I can also achieve more coverage (the look below is with the MUFE stick), and the combination lasts throughout the day. Especially if set with a powder (Hourglass and Guerlain are my two favorites right now, and probably the only ones anyone ever needs. I can review those too...someday). The "light-reflecting pearls" help keep my complexion from turning flat with the added pigments, and overall, I think this is a great foray into the color-correcting biz.

I don't think you need to collect all the colors (I tried the sample of Papaya and briefly reviewed it on Instagram) - rather, select the one that fits your need. I know we can't have picture perfect skin, and I also like having a natural skin texture, but it's nice to be able to neutralize most of the blotchy redness and help even out my overall complexion. Achievement unlocked! Overall, totally recommended.
Full face with Pistachio, the Becca concealer in a few spots, and the MUFE foundation stick, set with er, either Hourglass or Guerlain, I forget. As an aside, these Shu Uemura Tint in Gelato thingamabobs are fantastic. Thanks to Lily for gifting me this one!