Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Spring 2016 Beauty Wishlist

spring wishlist - beauty

What is it about spring that just makes me want to shop? I think it's because, after winter weather, it's nice to embrace the change of temperature, flowers blooming, and celebrate the lengthening of sunlit hours...with new routines and fresh items. At least, that's what I tell myself. HA.

Lately I've been exploring fashion more, to be honest (mostly on Instagram), and going for simpler, streamlined makeup, which is reflected here.

Clockwise from top left:

  • Becca Aqua Luminous Perfecting Foundation in Light: I'm having a Becca moment (I just bought the Pistachio color corrector and quite like it - I'll review it soon), and I've been wanting an SPF-free liquid foundation. Tracy said she likes this one, it's gotten great reviews, and seems to be geared toward dry skin, so I think I'm going for it.
  • Becca Ultimate Coverage Concealing Crème in Tahini: need a new concealer. Sticking with the  Becca theme.
  • Dior Addict Lip Glow in Coral: I like a lot of barely-there lip color for work, and sometimes I don't want the sparkles of Dior gloss. 
  • Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Luminous Blush in Blushed Copper: The new line of blushes looks great, and I love bronzy, terracotta shades.
  • Farmacy Rise N' Shine Daily Moisture Lock: Another brand recommendation from the fabulous Tracy. I'm not totally sure this is going to be moisturizing enough - I get nervous when   descriptions say, "lightweight." Has anyone tried this?
  • Cane + Austin Miracle Pad + : I'm usually a weenie when it comes to pads and peels, but I liked a sample of this, so I think I might go in for the full size and use sparingly.
  • Bobbi Brown Vitamin Enriched Face Base: Also says "lightweight," ha. But I'm curious because it says it's a great base for makeup.
  • Beauty Blender Micro.mini: (what's up with the name, guys) I have the pink one for foundation and concealer, but it's a bit too big for undereye concealer (MAC Pro-longwear) and tends to get it on my cheeks. So I want these, just for the undereye (the only place I wear concealer daily).
  • Marc Jacobs The Face III Buffing Foundation Brush: Because it is so big and FLUFFY. And I want to try foundation brushes again.
What's on your list? Got the shopping bug? Or are you doing your spring cleaning, instead?