Saturday, January 23, 2016

FOTD: Inspired by Adriana Lima

I AM FEELING INSPIRED, Y'ALL.

(Read: I am snowed in and I have nothing else to do.)

In all seriousness, though, I actually have been feeling a little more creative about makeup lately. I think the winter break helps - I also had a massive cold, so I spent a couple of weeks without any makeup on. There were a few days where I wished I could just stand under some magic beam and instantly have my face put on for work, but now I'm feeling a little better.

Instagram is a great place for finding quick inspiration, and I often screenshot photos on my phone and keep them for later. This isn't a particularly difficult one, but the always-stunning Adriana Lima really sells that matte fuchsia lip, so I had to try it.
Photo: Adriana Lima's Instagram
It's simple - dewy, clean skin, lots of mascara and some black liner, brows, a hint of pink blush, and a strong lip (can't replicate those stunning baby blues, though!).

Packed on the mascara. Even tried putting it on the lower lashes, which, er, I don't think I'd do again. But I love this mascara - L'Oreal Voluminous Butterfly (non-wp), Midnight Black. Have gone through several tubes - it's a fiber mascara.
Products used:
Shiseido BE213 trio (middle shade)
Smashbox Limitless Liquid Liner
L'Oreal Brow Stylist Plumper in Medium/Dark
L'Oreal Voluminous Butterfly Mascara, Midnight Black
Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream, 03 Buttercream
Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette, Incandescent Light
MAC Prolongwear Concealer, NW25
Diorblush Cheek Creme in Capri
NARS Carthage Pure Matte Lipstick

I usually pull out the neon lip shades around this time of year, anyway, because I'm tired of gloom and doom and gray, so I was already feeling this. Here are some of my other favorite neons.

L-R: NARS Carthage, Maybelline Electric Orange, MAC Lady Danger, Maybelline Vivid Rose, MAC Toxic Tale.
Swatches in same order as above, top to bottom.

What's your favorite winter look? If you're on the lower east coast of the US, I hope you're staying safe and warm!