Sunday, September 27, 2015

FOTD: In-Between Days in Olive and Peach

[Products featured were purchased by me, except *, which was a prize in a social media contest.]

I kind of love these last warm days of summer - the in-between days, when I can wear a long-sleeved shirt over brightly colored summer shorts. Don't get me wrong - I love autumn - but every moment can be savored.

I said I was favoring a clean, bright lips-only look lately, but of course, variety is the spice of life and all that, and I got the hankering to try something different. I pulled out my Shiseido Opera trio, to showcase that gorgeous olive.
Old photo - review found here. It looks much more well loved now, ha.

I layered the olive shade in the trio over Laura Mercier Caviar Stick in Khaki (over NARS primer, to really bring out all the glow). I just messily applied Khaki all over the lid, patted it out with a finger, and then patted the olive shade on top. Then I blended it all out with the gold shade in the trio, and applied liquid liner and mascara.

For cheeks, I used Guerlain Sun Shimmer Highlighting Blush in Sunny Pink*, swept a bit of Laura Mercier Rose Rendezvous along cheekbones, forehead, and Cupid's bow, then finished with peachy, barely-there lips with Dior Addict in Frimousse (new formula).
Base: Makeup Forever Ultra HD Foundation Stick in 125, used more as a concealer, and MAC Pro-longwear concealer under eyes (NW25).

The fresh lip color seems summery, but also a great counterpart to more autumnal olive-gold eyes. I love this lipstick, let me tell you.

It's about balance, I suppose (like a long-sleeved top to compensate for shorts). I think my collection is nice and varied and supplies me with the opportunity to change it up, as I like to do. But I've also got some sturdy favorites that help me keep to a more streamlined, go-to approach, if I need that, as well. It's really less about the products themselves and more about what I get out of them, each in their own way. Keeps things fun, while still providing variety (I hope!) for the blog. Eternal in-betweenness, I suppose. What motivates you to blog? Do you enjoy the in-between period of weather, or prefer cut and dry seasons?