Monday, August 3, 2015

FOTD: My Kind of Chocolate (The Non-Edible Kind)

[Products featured were purchased by me, except for *, which was a gwp, and **, which was a gift.]

This was a look I've been meaning to do for some time - bronzed and a bit messy, with a stained lip and smudgy eyes.

Makeup used:
NARS Creamy Concealer in Custard
MAC Pro-longwear Concealer in NW25
L'Oreal Brow Stylist Plumper in Med/Dark
Dior Aurora + Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Medium/Dark*
Maybelline Creamy Beige Color Tattoo**
MAC Moleskin**
Shu Uemura Mint & Vanilla palette (part of a chocolate-themed collection)
L'Oreal Infallible Liner + L'Oreal Voluminous Lashes mascara in Brown/Black
Laura Mercier Rose Rendezvous**
Osmia Organics Honey-Myrrh Lip Repair + Laura Mercier Mink
I like Too Faced's Chocolate Soleil a lot - it's matte and not orange.

For eyes, I started with Creamy Beige, patted a layer of MAC Moleskin over that, and smudged the darkest shade from the Shu Uemura palette along the upper lash line and the outer corner of the bottom lash line. I wanted it to be a bit messy and undone, so I didn't spend too much time blending and buffing. I patted a bit of the glitter gold in the Shu Uemura palette on the center of the lid, lined with a black L'Oreal pencil liner, and finished with Voluminous Lashes in a brown/black shade (which I accidentally bought instead of my normal black. Also, I prefer Butterfly, but this one is subtler and not bad for this kind of look).

For the rest of the face, I dusted all over with Dior Aurora, and then used Chocolate Soleil more heavily along the cheekbones, jawline and forehead. Then I highlighted with Rose Rendezvous. 
And for the stained lip, I started with a layer of balm (Osmia Organics) and then dabbed Mink on the inner rim of my lips; I patted it in with my pinky, and then reapplied a little more Mink again at the inner rim. The effect is a little more noticeable in person, and I also have a post coming up that features a berry stained lip, which is also more noticeable.

It was fun to play around with products - I don't really have a ton of time for this nowadays, or inspiration, but every so often I think of something that I want to try. This one is great for summer, and even though it required more products than I usually pull out on the daily, this is something I'd do again, since it's not very editorial or outrageous. How often do you have time to experiment with looks? What's your favorite bronzer?