Friday, August 7, 2015

A Stained Berry Lip (Popsicle Season!)

[Products were purchased by me.]

I actually don't think I've had a popsicle this summer. WHAT. I need to remedy this. It's hard to buy popsicles when the heat is blistering and they'll probably melt on the way home, though! Ugh, east coast weather. Gross.

Anyway, after dabbling in lip mixing experiments for a vampy lip, I decided to try the stained lip (also shown here, with a subtler base color). I used MAC Fashion Revival again, because it's such a great plum shade and it has a gorgeous stain when you remove it.
The rest of the makeup is from this post; base is bareMinerals Complexion Rescue. I was running around from that post to this, so I apologize for the shine, lol.
I started with a layer of Osmia Organics Honey Myrrh Lip Repair. Then I patted Fashion Revival along the inner rim of both lips, and blurred it outward with my pinky finger. That's it. I might top with more balm if I found that too much rubbed over while I was applying color. You could probably do this with a clear gloss (or a light one), but most gloss has shimmer or pigmentation, and that might change the look a bit, and add texture.

Easy-peasy and kind of casual. I think I like the effect with fuchsias and plums, but I'll have to try it with a darker, cool red, too. Is this a look you do often?