Saturday, May 2, 2015

Esqido Mink Lashes + Pink Lips for Summer Weddings

[Product was provided by PR for review.]

I've had fun playing with Esqido mink lashes before, and I went over my application process here. I know we all don't believe it, but it's true - practice does make perfect, and while it used to take me an embarrassingly long (and painful) time to get false lashes on, now, I can pretty much do it in one or two tries. The Sephora tool definitely helps.

This time I have Miss Dolly for you - it's a 3/5 volume set, with deliberately spaced hairs of different lengths. They are really easy to trim because the hairs don't reach the ends, but I think the spaced distribution of strands makes this one a bit more prone to fall-out - this is the only pair I've used that shed on the first go. I was sad (poor mink hairs!), because this may be my favorite pair yet.

I thought I would do a fun, spunky look with a bright, matte lip (NARS Carthage) and a winged eye. This is something I might wear to attend a summer wedding - especially an outdoor event!

I don't usually bother with eye liner when I wear false lashes, as the band is black and the lush lashes make all the difference, but this time the cat eye was part of the look. Miss Dolly is really flared and I feel like they are even more curled than other pairs I've had - it's a really amazing, eye-opening look, and because the lashes are curled upward a lot, they don't obscure my vision much.
Wearing Esqido mink lashes in Miss Dolly.

Using liquid liner with this look also helps give you a guide - where to apply the lash on your lashline to keep it even. It also helps lengthen the look and tie it all together.
Wearing Esqido Miss Dolly.

Ugh, yes. My favorite pair. It's not overwhelming (the mixed hair lengths help with that), and that curl.

Other makeup used for this look:
Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream in 03 Buttercream
NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Custard
MAC Prolongwear Concealer in NW25
Laura Mercier Rose Rendezvous
Diorblush Cheek Creme in Capri
L'Oreal Brow Stylist Plumper in Medium to Dark
Marc Jacobs The Enigma palette (1, 5, 6)
Smashbox Limitless Liquid Liner
NARS Carthage

I think if you wanted to tone it down, you could also blot Carthage and wear a more nondescript pink over it (like this, with Dior Diorkiss Addict).
On lips: Dior Addict in Diorkiss over blotted NARS Carthage.


(But seriously. Carthage.)

Either way, they're totally gorgeous lashes - you can get them here, with free US & UK shipping (international shipping is free for orders over $50).

(P.S. Can we talk about the ridiculously long name for the Bare Minerals thing? It's a tinted moisturizer. A good one. I can talk about it later if you want, but I'm gonna give it a nickname or something. How about, the Bare Minerals BOB? Stewart? Patrick? I don't know. Cast your vote. But I'm not having it with "Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream." Gel cream? Seriously. Whatever. I flutter my lashes at you.)