Sunday, May 17, 2015

A Summery Look with MAC Pander Me + Dior Angélique Beige

[I'm on the east coast! But this is still a previously scheduled post - I'm trying to get my feet under me here in the new place. But I am definitely reading comments! They help me feel like I'm still connected, ha.]

I wanted to do a summery kind of neutral look after watching one of the great Lisa's videos (I also wanted to buy a dozen new products afterward, as well, but never mind that). I wasn't trying to mimic her version (although I do want to try that at some point, as well), especially as I'm not a massive fan of contouring and I'm rubbish at it. Instead, there were just points I wanted to focus on: taking care to conceal spots and redness on skin, adding a touch of shimmer to eyes, bronzer + highlighter action, and the kind of nude lip I don't usually rock - sort of a peachy terracotta (not a concealer nude or a MLBB shade).

I used a damp beauty blender to apply MAC Prolongwear Concealer under eyes (NW25) and NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer (Custard); I really like using the beauty blender even for just concealer actually, as it creates a rather seamless, dewy finish. I did my brows while I waited for that to set, and then fluffed bronzer (Armani Sun Fabric 400) in a rough approximation of that "3" shape people are always going on about. Then I applied highlighter (Laura Mercier Rose Rendezvous) in all the usual places: nose bridge, cupid's bow, along cheekbones, forehead (which you can't even see).

Eyes are the gold and copper shades from the Marc Jacobs Siren palette, finished with Smashbox Limitless Liquid liner and no mascara because I'm a lazy bum. Lips are MAC Pander Me (it was an LE matte shade; I think Kinda Sexy would do, or Velvet Teddy for something a bit pinker and darker) under Dior Angélique Beige. I liked this lip combo more than I thought I would! Would do for a work safe look, I think (with less tequila sunrise eyes, of course).

Is summer here yet? Do you often mix lip shades? My mom does it all the time, but I'm usually not that creative.