Friday, March 6, 2015

FOTD: Marc Jacobs Kiss Kiss Bang Bang & Two More "Enigmatic" Looks

[Products marked * was a Sephora BI perk and ** was a gift from a friend. Everything else was purchased by me.]

I actually brought more FOTDs like I said I would! I am so proud. Both of these looks feature Marc Jacobs The Engima. 
Marc Jacobs The Engima palette and mini Le Marc Lip Crème in Kiss Kiss Bang Bang.*

This first one also features Marc Jacobs Le Marc Lip Crème in Kiss Kiss Bang Bang*; the mini version (squee, mini lipstick!) was a 100 pt. perk at Sephora. It's a deep rose shade with a thin texture and satin finish; it's not for those who want lipstick to smooth out textural issues on lips or require a thicker lipstick for lip line defintion. I prefer satin lipstick finishes to super creamy ones, so I do like this. I wore it on Valentine's Day for date night. And I'm wearing it here!
Wearing Kiss Kiss Bang Bang and The Enigma on eyes. I *think* I was trying out a sample of the Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue (02 Vanilla) as well, and the blush is Tarte Stellar.**

For the eyes, I used Laura Mercier Caviar Stick in Amethyst as a base before applying the glitter bronze shade (sixth from the left in the palette) all over the lid. I added a bit of the pearly pink (4) on the inner third of the lid to brighten it and finished with liquid liner and mascara.

For another look, I tried to do a vertical gradient, which doesn't really work out since I have hooded eyes, but I wanted to try, ok? I used the pink, bronze, gunmetal and black, starting with the palest shade all over the lid, and then adding darker shades toward the lashline. I kind of liked how it looked, even though it turns out I only have bad photos, ha. But I've done it a few times and it's easy.
Sorry for lighting changes. I use natural light and it's a fickle thing, here in the PNW.

I initially wrote off the MJ line, but there are some items that I am really liking. The eye shadow palettes, in particular, have great color stories and I am always drawn to them. The Lip Crèmes are nice, too, and the next time I want a lipstick, I'll give the line a browse. Satin, matte and juicy finishes are my favorite, so I also might look into the new Nudes Sheer Lip Gels for something natural and shiny. I'm waiting for more reviews of the new contour items, as well, even though I never contour and don't know how. But makeup purchases have been slow here (the mini lipstick was redeemed with a boring, boring replacement concealer purchase) and I'm not really in the mood to shop.

What fun Marc Jacobs items are you loving, or thinking about? What kind of eye looks, too? I need more inspiration!