Wednesday, February 11, 2015

FOTD: Your Soul is Evergreen (Clarins Garden Escape Palette)

[Products marked * were gifts from friends; everything else was purchased by me.]

"'Coz honey your soul could never grow old, it's evergreen."
- Ed Sheeran, Thinking Out Loud

That is such a romantic line. Seriously. I swoon for the ginger's lyrics.

(Also, I just learned that that album is called "Multiply." I suppose that makes more sense than "X," considering his first album is "+.")

I also swoon for emerald green eye shadows, and a good ole' green smokey eye. A fabulous friend sent me an exciting gift, and the colors lend itself perfectly to an everyday neutral eye, or smokier green eyes. I've done both for you here!
Thank you! <3 

This isn't a review, just a focus on looks that I came up with. Tracy was a superstar and did both wet & dry swatches, so head over there for swatches. On me, both pinks are pretty much identical (maybe the fourth from the left is ever so slightly warmer), but the other four shades apply well, even dry, which is good, because I rarely use shadows wet. (Except for this once.)

So first, the everyday look you can do, with the pinks, white (brow highlight, with a very light hand), and taupe blended into the outer edge/crease. It's overall pearlescent and very brightening - super pretty. Finished with eyeliner and generous coats of mascara (Clinique High Impact Curling).

Lip color is Maybelline Color Elixir in Breathtaking Apricot. Which is so, so pink. Blush is Tarte Stellar*.

But you really came for the smokey green eyes, didn't you? Me, too. I love green eyeshadow, although navy smokey eyes may be winning by just a hair nowadays. Just goes with my skin color a little better. Still. Evergreen souls and all. Here is a look with the lighter green all over lid, then the darker green in the crease and outer edge. Like I did in my recent navy look, I used a pale pink in the inner corner and to blend out the darker colors.
Lip color is YSL Gloss Volupté in 103 Opium Persan. Blush is again a barely there Tarte Stellar* because that's what's in my daily tray right now. Also, all the looking down shots because I've apparently used up my quota of smiles this month.
And then, this one is the same, but with a different lip color, and I used more of the darker green for a slightly smokier effect. Also I had a brow crisis, but never mind that. 
Lip color is Dior Addict Gloss in Enchanted Rose, because I fall in love with limited edition glosses all the time. Blush is, you guessed it! Tarte Stellar* again! 
Seriously, I'm having a gloss moment. And a smokey eye moment. Just in time for all the romance! Actually, I'm pretty indifferent to Valentine's Day, but this year we decided to go out (I think for our first ever Valentine's dinner out, ha!) because...it's been a while since we've treated ourselves to a fancy night out. So I'll be rocking a smokey eye and a glossy lip, and scarfing down all the food and wine. And shamelessly posting on Instagram about it. See you there.

So, what's your favorite smokey eye shade? Classic gray/brown/black? Blue? Purple? GREEN? Let me know!