Monday, December 15, 2014

Winter Lip Love Picks

[Products marked * were gifts from fabulous friends!]

We just finished a #30daysoflipstick tag on Instagram, so I thought it'd be an appropriate time to do a round-up of my current winter lip favorites. While autumn was predictably vampy, for some reason, I'm feeling both really bright shades (just picked up MAC Toxic Tale, as well) and barely-there neutrals this winter.

L-R: Dior Golden Rain Addict Gloss*, It Cosmetics CC Lip Serum in Love*, Maybelline Color Elixir in Intoxicating Spice, Joe Fresh Baie Sauvage*, Maybelline Vivids Color Sensational in Vivid Rose, Shiseido Lacquer Rouge in 319 Pomodoro.

To go with my spunky hair, maybe?
The basic look I'm going with this winter. I think that's Dior Enchanted Rose. Dior glosses are also nicely hydrating, which helps in the winter weather.
It seems like I can get away with heavier makeup with short hair, but because the style is so youthful, I find myself aiming for understated looks, as well; this calls for neutral glosses, to go with a fresh-faced "just in from the cold" appearance. But neutral glosses also go well with super sparkly smoky eye looks, like this one (wearing Maybelline Intoxicating Spice over MAC Pander Me).

What are your favorites this winter? Are you reaching for "marsala" shades yet?