Saturday, December 20, 2014

A Holiday Look #2: That Classic Red Lip

[Products marked * were received as gifts; all others were purchased by me.]

I posted a holiday look earlier that was more about featuring dramatic eyes, so I figured I should do a classic red lip look, as well. The red lipstick of choice here is Rouge d'Armani 400 (which I wore on my wedding day), which is a beautiful, gel-like true red - not warm, not cool. It's delicious. As will be your holiday feast, I hope.
Face was kept clean with Diorskin Nude BB Cream in 002 (applied with a damp Beauty Blender) and MAC concealers; I like to keep blush barely-there in the winter, as going out in the cold (or being in a house party surrounded by dozens of people) will be vastly sufficient to put a rosy flush on cheeks. This is Clarins Cream blush in 02 Candy*. I've been using Bobbi Brown's Brightening Finishing Powder in Porcelain Pearl* has an all-over face setting powder + illuminator, and it's quite nice.
 I love the shiny, rich finish of this lipstick. It's absolutely gorgeous.
I, uh, am a terrible beauty blogger and don't remember exactly what is on eyes, but I feel confident that many people own an adequate number of golds, bronzes and matte browns to achieve a similar effect. I like to use liquid liner for its intensely dark, clean definition along the lashline, which helps hold its own against the crisp lip. I apply this lipstick straight from the tube - it has a gel-like consistency which keeps it from smudging out the way most creamy formulas can. If you want it to last and last and last, I would do the lipliner/lipstick/blot/lipstick etc. combo (similar to what Lena outlines here).

What is your red lipstick of choice for the festive holiday season?