Thursday, October 9, 2014

MAC The Matte Lip Collection: Pander Me

[Product was purchased by me.]

I'm pretty sure we're missing a "to," but hey, it's cool, lipstick don't need no grammar.
What color is this?
This is one of eight matte lipsticks in MAC's new The Matte Lip Collection, which was released in stores today (although I ordered this when it launched online on Oct. 2nd; it just arrived today). So, this isn't a proper review - since MAC collections move fast, I just wanted to feature it because: I LIKE IT.
L-R: Shu Uemura M BG930, Laura Mercier Mink, MAC Pander Me, Tarte Exposed, Dior Garçonne. 

Don't ask me what color it is, though. I told the MAC SA I bought the orange one when I was in the store today (buying MORE lipsticks, shit) and he looked at me like I was crazy. Temptalia groups it in the orange category, and it does kind of look pumpkin-colored on her. I included arm swatches above, but even though some of them look similar there, on lips they all look nothing alike. On me, Pander Me is a rosy-brown-something-something. I am so helpful, I know, it's what I strive for.
Yeah, it's not orange. Wearing Shiseido Floracouture on eyes.
The point being, it is an interesting chameleon of a shade, and I think it works as a great neutral, with just enough color to keep it from being boring. I'm not going to comment on the wear time since I just received it today, although I own some other MAC mattes and the formula is comparable (it's creamier than Lady Danger and not nearly as dry as Candy Yum-Yum). It dries down to a satin-matte finish and I am so excited about it.

I also ordered Living Legend and even though I initially decided against Fashion Revival, when I went to the counter today, I bought that, too. I CAN'T HELP IT, GOOD MATTES ARE SO HARD TO FIND. I know Tom Ford is coming out with new ones, too, but 3 MAC mattes are cheaper than one TF ($16 x 3 = $48; TF = $50 each) and I would still like dinner, so...there's that for me.

Did you pick anything up from The Matte Lip collection? C'mon, make me feel better.