Sunday, October 12, 2014

Inspired By: Keira Knightley (MAC Amorous)

[Products marked * were gifts from friends.]

I really loved this recent look on Keira Knightley:
[image source: beautygeeks]
But I'm a red girl and I didn't have a lot of berry/pink lipsticks. She's wearing Chanel L'Adorée, a Rouge Allure Velvet, but I don't have a Chanel counter near me any more and I've never quite gotten along with Chanel lipsticks. So, while on my MAC spree, I asked the SA if he could think of anything that matched this (whipped out my phone and everything, he was excited) and he came up with this:

It's MAC Amorous, which is part of the permanent line and a satin finish lipstick. It ends up being quite a bit darker and more plum on me than Chanel L'Adorée, which is lighter and brighter on Keira above, but you know, I quite like it. And I have nothing like it. It's dusty.

I did a look loosely based on Keira's; I only used soft colors below the lashline, instead of black on the lower line because: 1. lazy, 2. I don't own a black pencil liner any more (or gel), 3. putting crap directly on the lower lashline makes my eyeballs angry and I try not to piss off my eyeballs.

Also, I'm not going to movie premieres - just walking the dog, ha - so I toned everything down. And I don't own a fuchsia blush, so I made do with lipstick.

Other makeup:
MAC Lingering + MAC Brow Finisher
MAC Mineralize Concealer (NC20)
Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector Eye Roll-On (Light)*
Laura Mercier Rose Rendezvous*
Marcelle Cleopatra (as blush)
Laura Mercier Rose Gold Caviar Stick
Bare Minerals Power Neutrals
Eyeko Alexa Chung Lash Enhancing Eye Do Eyeliner
Attack eyebrows! 
I've been having fun exploring MAC's permanent line, lately. There are some real gems there! What's your favorite lipstick from the permanent line?