Sunday, August 10, 2014

Summer Lovin' Tag

Figured I'd do this tag, since we're still fully embracing summer over here in the desert.

1. Summer lipstick you're loving:
I did a summer lipstick wardrobe post, and then I also picked up Maybelline Vivid Rose. Still into brights!
From that summer lip product post (link above).

2. Summer nail polish:
We started climbing again, so polish doesn't last very long and I'm loathe to paint them that often. But some of my recent picks for tips and toes are (below, L-R) Chanel Taboo, Dior Blossom, Cirque Stella, Sephora Formula X Incandescent, MAC SoirĂ©e (gifted), Zoya Trixie. I'm kind of all over the place with polish, usually - not as seasonal. But I guess there's a trend in these.
Sorry for the shoddy lighting. I'm still figuring out this place. There isn't a great spot for FOTDs, unfortunately.

3. Summer blush:
I haven't been getting along with blush lately, actually. My skin's been extra dry and blotchy since we've moved, due to the outrageous heat and dry air, air conditioning everywhere, and recent bouts of allergies caused by all of the that nonsense. I do need some color in my face, but I haven't been happy with the colors I've picked, most days. I actually haven't been happy with my makeup in general. Mostly I've just been picking up bronzer, pretending I know how to apply it, and calling it a day. Oh, and highlighter!
Clockwise from top left: Armani Sun Fabric 400, MAC Whisper of Gilt, Too Faced Chocolate Soleil (Sephora perk), Sephora Sculpting Disc (gifted <3).

4. Favorite summer Frappucino from Starbucks:
I don't really drink these. I believe they still have HFCS in their fraps (though they've eliminated it from their food) and HFCS leaves a weird aftertaste in my mouth. I like iced caramel macchiatos, though, but I haven't been by in a while.

5. Favorite fake tan:
I don't fake tan. Or real tan.

6. Favorite summer song:
It's not new, but I recently discovered Laurel, and I can't get enough of her. Check out Firebreather. So good!
7. Favorite summer accessory:
My cheap Target hat. It's fun! I want a new pair of Ray-ban aviators, though.
Also, this oil is helping my hair from fluffing up in the dry climate.

8. Summer fragrance:
Guerlain Terracotta Le Parfum! Also, because I like to rotate through perfumes frequently, Sweet Anthem Lucille (linden blossom!), Atelier Cologne Orange Sanguine (which doesn't last at all on me, but is a refreshing burst of fresh orange peel for the first ten minutes or so - sheesh), Sweet Anthem Lizie (tomato leaf and neroli! This is one of my favorite summer perfumes - I reach for it every year), Jo Malone Vanilla Anise.

9. Summer book:
I wasn't reading for a while and then I marathoned through a few books. Nothing spectacular enough to mention. However, I am rereading Sabriel!
[source]
10. What are you most excited to do this summer?
Well, we moved, and that was a big thing. I miss Seattle, but we're getting used to the new place and exploring and such. I really want to get a job, though. There are a few prospects and I'll keep you posted if anything exciting happens. In the meantime, I'm teaching myself (or attempting to teach myself) C++ and also brushing up on my French. And watching The Legend of Korra, and knitting, and trying to make the dogs become friends. And baking. And playing Hay Day (omg, why). We also joined a gym with a climbing wall and some pools, and they also offer cardio/strength group classes, which I've been trying out. I have a few fitness goals for myself, and few things beat the sense of accomplishment I have when I'm dripping with sweat at the end of a cardio-intensive class, or after a tough lifting session. Overall, forced vacation isn't so bad, but I miss working. Of course, once I get a job I'll probably miss vacation, but such is life.

How's your summer going? Did you do the tag? Feel free to answer the questions in the comments or do your own post and let me know!