Sunday, August 17, 2014

Shiseido Fall 2014 OR316 Floracouture Trio + Comparison

[Product was purchased by me.]

Yeah, you knew I was going to cave to Shiseido Fall 2014. I only bought one of the three new trios, though, so that should count for something. 

I have been looking for a deep maroon/plum shade, as well as an orange, and Shiseido OR316 Floracouture ($33) supplies both. I didn't have a warm cotton-candy pink either, so overall, this is so much win.
Shiseido OR316 Floracouture Luminizing Satin Eye Trio, new for Fall 2014. As far as I can tell, it is a permanent addition to the line.
Swatches with a finger on bare skin, under artificial lighting. Darkest shade is wine with a purple-blue sheen; middle shade is bright orange with a gold sheen, and last shade is warm, cotton candy pink.
It makes you think of the autumn harvest, no? Many asked if it is similar to RD299 Beach Grass, and at first glance, the colors look similar. 
On the left, OR316 Floracouture; on the right, RD299 Beach Grass.

Buuuut, nope - and I'm not just being all beauty blogger about it, either. The colors in Beach Grass are muted and delicate, while OR316 Floracouture is bolder, less pearlescent, and more dramatic. The quality of the shadows is excellent - soft, pigmented, and never looks flat on the eyes.
RD299 Beach Grass swatched on the top, OR316 Floracouture on the bottom.
 Since I love oranges, peaches, and recently, mauves and plums, I'd say the two palettes are different enough to warrant having both.
All three shades of OR316 Floracouture on lids, over NARS Smudge-Proof Shadow Base. Finished with Eyeko Alexa Chung Lash Enhancing Eye Do Liner and Clinique High Impact Curling Mascara. 
I think the deepest shade in Floracouture will be great paired with champagnes or toasty caramel shadows (or with Beach Grass!) and the orange just makes me smile. I'm on a mission to collect them all, obviously. I can't help it. The satin texture of these shadows is pretty much my favorite, and I like the interesting colors.

I've seen the new trios at Macy's (online and in store), Sephora (online only) and Nordstrom, as well as Shiseido's site. I also finally picked up GD804 Opera (the trios' numeric names focus on the center shades, I think), and I can't wait to play with the gorgeous khaki in that palette. Plus, Dick Page just makes me want everything from Shiseido.

Have any of the new trios caught your eye?