Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Inspired By: Fellow Bloggers - The Smokey Navy Eye

[* were gifts from fabulous friends.]

My arm hurts from blending. Seriously. You would think that using primarily one eye shadow would make the look easy-peasy-simple-beaver, but no.

Even the Great Lisa just says (roughly) to blend for years...and blend some more. But she says it in that gorgeous accent, so it's okay.

Enough whining. I am often inspired by my blogger friends. I rarely wear a smokey eye (see above: blending is hard), but always fall in love with the look, especially when it involves blue and is pulled off so beautifully by stunners like Jenny and Lily. (Can we trade faces? Is that weird?) Since it will be fall soon - the season for dramatic makeup - I've been practicing my navy blue raccoon face.

After priming lids with NARS, I used a combination of L'Oreal Midnight Blue Infallible (which was a giveaway prize from Lily!) and theBalm Risqué Renee; neither are texturally superb, which adds to the blending woes, but the colors are beautiful. I blended the crease out with MAC Moleskin*, and finished up with Sephora liquid liner and Clinique Lash Power Feathering mascara.
Nose freckles. *sigh*
For the rest of the face:
MAC Lingering
MAC Brow Finisher
MAC Mineralize concealer (NC20)
MAC Pro-Longwear concealer (NW25)
Sephora Sculpting Disc*
MAC Stratus
Maybelline Intoxicating Spice

What's your favorite shade for a single-color smokey eye? Are you gearing up for fall fashion and beauty already?