Thursday, July 17, 2014

Lip Wardrobe: Summer Season

I figured since I did one for winter and spring, I'd keep on keeping on. Here are my favorite lip products right now, perfect for embracing sunshine!
I've linked to reviews or FOTDs featuring these where possible.

Since I dyed my hair back to dark brown (mostly), I can wear violet again, so MAC Narcissus is back. It was limited edition (eep), but I think there are a few similar shades out there now, like Shiseido VI324 Lacquer Rouge and Maybelline Luxe in Lilac Color Elixir. I don't own either of those, but you can see the Shiseido on Wandz here.

The other surprise is Lancôme's Lip Lover in Framboise Étoile; I'm not much for pink, but this juicy fuchsia is beautiful and the formula is really comfortable.
Under artificial light.

Shiseido GD817 Lacquer Rouge is great for layering lightly under gloss; it's what I'm wearing in this post here (under Dior Addict Gloss in Bal d'été).

Maybelline Mandarin Rapture is a Color Elixir; I like the formula a lot and have five, but this juicy orange (with barely there sparkle) is the one I'm wearing the most often this summer.
Same order, different lighting (natural) and no labels.

I like YSL Orange Fougueux because it's matte (even though it's still a bit glossy in this swatch). It's also not as BAM orange as it looks in the bottle.

And MAC Lady Danger. LET US BE LADIES DANGERRRR. 'Nuff said.

What are your go-tos this summer? (Or this winter, for you Southern hemisphere folk.)

Also. We're moving next week (to a different part of WA state), and that means packing up the iMac (i.e., blogging machine) and also the makeup - I'll probably resume posting in August. Enjoy the rest of July! I'll be bouncing around on Twitter (and complaining about the heat - 108 deg F in place of future residence yesterday, ouch!) and Instagram, so don't forget to follow and let me know how you're doing.