Tuesday, July 8, 2014

FOTD: Fruit Tingle

Back to the Cocktail FOTD series! This one was fun. I'd never heard of a Fruit Tingle before, but the lovely Emma suggested it (the Google tells me that it is a drink that originated in Australia).
[source]

You can see why it caught my interest - such vibrant colors! So I pulled out my Marc Jacobs palette, my Color Bar palette, and my Shiseido trio of purples, and put this together.
NARS Smudge-Proof Shadow Base, Marc Jacobs Siren blue shade under Shiseido Color Bar Curaçao, Color Bar Parfait Amour under VI308 left shade. Marc Jacobs Siren white shade under eyes. Finished with Shu Uemura Calligraphy Ink, Sephora 06 Pool Party and Clinique High Impact Curling mascara.
Colorful, but not over the top, right? Something still acceptable for grocery shopping!
Base makeup: Origins CC Cream in Light/Medium. Gah, the review is coming, Tracy! I promise!

Also, since I used it here, I'm torn about the Shu Uemura Calligraphy liner . It is blackest black, refillable and because of the brush tip, applies so smoothly. However. Still smudges like nuts on me because of emollient undereye creams (it's waterproof, so susceptible to oils). I set it here with NARS pressed powder, and that seems to help. But is it worth it?
Sephora Baked Sculpting Disc all over face (gift from the fabulous Tracy) and Dior Angélique Beige on lips.

This one was fun! Colorful, but not absurdly bright or wild (in my opinion, anyway). I should pull out the fun colors more often. Need more liquid liners. Or, well. "Need."

Any more colorful cocktails I should know about?