Wednesday, June 11, 2014

FOTD: Lemon Drop

[Products marked by * were contest prizes or gifts.]

Still going strong on cocktails, y'all. Cocktail-inspired FOTDs, that is. *ahem*
Lemon drop.
[source]
A lemon drop is a classic for me, if I want something a little more refreshing. I'm not big on rum, so if I want a drink with frills (read: martini glass, sans olive), a Lemon Drop is the way to go. That is, I like sugared rims. I also like it with a splash of Chambord for raspberry goodness.

So yes, pale yellow shadow. I pulled this look from my Pinterest board of makeup inspiration-y things.
[source]
Ah, Cara Delevingne. She of the heart-stopping brows. I tried to spin my own look, inspired by all of the above, using these things:
An older Milani pastel palette*, Sephora liquid liner, Becca Beach Tint in Strawberry (discont. shade), Tarte Timeless lipstick*.
I used primer (NARS) as a base for the eye shadows; keeping it contained mostly to the lid space, I layered the pastel yellow over the white (the yellow on its own can be a bit more neon than pastel). This palette is a little patchy and powdery, so I apologize for that - it needs to be applied over primer to really pop, but that makes it harder to blend out nicely.
I finished with thick black liquid liner, winged out, and mascara (Clinique High Impact Curling). Blush was Becca Beach Tint in Strawberry, and lipstick was Tarte Timeless. I suspect the original Cara Delevingne look makes use of the YSL Kiss and Blush things, but alas, I do not have one.
Base is Diorskin Nude and Sonia Kashuk illuminator, with Bobbi Brown corrector under eyes. Not sure why one of my eyelids has been folding funny lately. Apparently it is also tired. 
I kind of like pastels/whites on lids - it's a fun, fresh take on a summer look. It's also something I've never tried before, so that's always a plus, as well.

How do you feel about pastels on eyes? When's the last time you tried a completely new type of look?