Sunday, May 25, 2014

Snapshots: Currently Loving, May 2014

[Products were purchased by me, except for *, which was a gift from a friend]

Some beauty and non-beauty things I'm loving lately:

Guerlain's Terracotta Le Parfum, limited edition for Summer 2014. I have a soft spot for white florals, and this is so pretty. So, so pretty. I splurged on this and I have no regrets. It's a creamy white floral with a feminine, whisper-soft vanilla-musk dry down. It's gorgeous. If you are going to indulge in a summer perfume, I highly recommend this one.

And MAC Lady Danger...I don't think it needs much of an explanation, does it? (Best of all? Shouting "I'M LADY DANGERRRRRRR" at S. Hahaha). Also, white or pastel or neon nails. LOVE. Some of the ones I've been wearing lately: Zoya Marley, Zoya Purity, Dior Spring BallSaint Tropez, Electric Blue.

I've also been experimenting with simple, metallic bobby pins (cheapies from Goody) in interesting ways - trying to actually do cool things with all this long hair, now that I have it. Any fun tricks to share? I've also been playing around with a cheapy Conair curling iron - it's quite fun!
Clarins 02 Candy cream blush* is a warm pink that looks really natural and lasts all day. I wasn't crazy about it when I first received it (from a charming friend), but I've been reaching for it more and more lately.

The Sonia Kashuk illuminator is the answer to my search for a liquid luminizer. You have to shake it vigorously, but it's nice. Not too frosty. Not too cool. Review in a bit.

I've also been shopping. I've been doing some closet cleaning, getting rid of items that were too big or scraggly or things that I never wear and wanted to keep around anyway...for whatever reason. I've been loving bright shades (most of my wardrobe at the moment is black, beige, navy blue...) and I've been dabbling in neon corals and pinks and sea greens - colors I've always loved, but never thought to wear, for some reason.
Strawberry daiquiris at home (with vodka, not rum), some orange/coral beauty items, and new clothes from Express. The dress is for a wedding I need to attend (as are the Vince Camuto shoes in the above photo).
Lastly, we always like to eat well chez nous, and we are indulging in the new summer fruits and cool summer beverages. Orange/coral/strawberry are the colors of summer, obviously.

What are you loving lately? Any great recipes or finds to share?