Saturday, May 3, 2014

Brights for Eyes: Shiseido YE406 Revisited

A few of you asked about the bright eye look I was wearing in this post. As I mentioned, the SA had actually done that one, to play with some bright eye looks, but I had that trio, so I decided to see if I could replicate it. I think I actually ended up with a brighter look, if that's possible.

She originally used Shiseido Cream Eye Color in Moss to make the green pop, but I found that I could achieve the same brightness by laying down NARS Smudge-Proof Shadow Base.
Apologies for the messy palette. I use it. 

With a shorter, dense, flat brush (Sonia Kashuk No. 112), I patted down the green shade of the trio just over the lid, taking care not to extend it too far past the lid. Then I took a slightly fluffier brush (RT base shadow brush) and patted the yellow past the lid, overlapping only slightly at the crease. I blended out the overlapping area (the crease) very lightly with a fluffy blending brush. I finished with black liquid liner.

On the lower lashline, I used Laura Mercier Sandglow to line and then smudged the fuchsia shade of the trio on the outer half of the lower lashline.

I actually got a lot of compliments on this color combination, both times. So, even though it seems super bright, people seem to think it's still pretty wearable. Several of the SAs in Macy's told me that people seem interested when the SAs wear it (and ask what they are wearing), but once they see the colors in the pan they flee. That's a shame. In my original review, I wore the shadows more sheerly, so they don't have to be KAPOW. But you know, they can be. For spring.