Saturday, April 26, 2014

The Final Rosy Pink Pick: Shiseido RD311 Rubelite

[Product was purchased by me.]

I told you I was on the lookout for a nice, rosy nude shade. I tested out Dior Grège 1947, and I didn't feel instant love for the formula (though it was just from a sample card), so I didn't run out to buy it. (Plus, you guys made me buy Trafalgar).

But I was at the Macy's Shiseido counter picking up a pre-order of skincare (GWP time!), and since I was being helped by my favorite SA, we played with some of the colors. She showed me a fun way to use my YE406 trio (see here), and I picked out a warm, rosy pink Lacquer Rouge to try - RD311, Rubelite.
It has a faint shimmer and is a pinky beige, not too gray and not too cool. It's a great shade; like Dior Grège 1947, it's an easy-to-wear shade, but in a lipstick-gloss hybrid (I've previously reviewed a Lacquer Rouge here). It is a bit tacky, but it's not drying and the tackiness is alleviated with reapplications at reasonable intervals (I don't expect my lip colors to stay all day - I find that any formula will get drying if left to fade for hours, so I reapply.).
Same makeup mentioned above, done by my favorite Shiseido SA at a Macy's. Wearing Shiseido Sheer and Perfect foundation, a touch of bronzer, and the YE406 trio.

RD311's finish is a touch more creamy and opaque than BR616, but I think I like the formula of that one slightly better - it's a touch less sticky and easy to even out (I think the shimmers make this one a little thicker). Still, this fits the bill for what I wanted. It pairs well with colorful looks, and neutral looks.
Sorry, I didn't have a photo where I actually looked at the camera. On eyes here: Catrice 720 Papaya Don't Preach and theBalm Risque Renee over Clinique Massive Midnight; Guerlain Sunny Pink on cheeks, and Dr. Jart Detox BB Cream as a base.
I have two more Lacquer Rouges that I haven't blogged about, actually - RD319 Pomodoro and GD817 Athena. I will try to get those up at some point, but obviously, I like these a lot. They have a touch of shine without being GLOSSY (like the Lancôme Lip Lovers), and offer more opaque coverage, as well. I need to get RD607 Nocturne, and well...the list grows. I reach for them often.

Have you hopped on board the liquid-balm-gloss-lipstick-hybrid-what's-it train? What's your favorite formula? Do you have any of these?