Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Summer 2014: Wishlist and Restraint

I know it's still spring (and just barely, in some parts of the country), but I'm already dreaming of summer. Here's what I'm thinking about! (This is a Liz-inspired post.)

The Wishlist:Summer 3014

First, let's start with the good stuff. The wishlist!

  • Marc Jacobs Siren palette, $59. I was browsing Sephora and saw this colorful gem, and was instantly excited. COLORS! I like the white case, too - makes it look like an artist's palette. Fun!
  • Givenchy Corail Tentation Ombre Couture, $23. I love coral on eyes, and I want to try this formula.
  • MAC Lady Danger, $16. Permanent lineup powerhouse - I need it for summer.
  • Guerlain Terracotta Le Parfum, $73. Summer in a bottle? Yes, please.
  • Dr. Jart Radiance BB cream, $42. I've been testing out some Dr. Jart BB creams, and I quite like them! I'm hoping this one will offer a better color match than the Detox version, which is ashy on me.
  • Or, you know, I could go for Guerlain's Terracotta Joli Teint, $53. I'm in a foundation mood again.
  • And I want GLOW. Perhaps in the form of Becca's new Beach Tint Souffl├ęs ($27)? I confess I'm not really sure if the texture is going to work for me (or if the product will just confuse me), but if you name a product after food, I'm going to want it. Curse you, marketing teams. The one I'm eyeing is Fig, for just a hint of summer color.
  • Otherwise, perhaps I'll cave to a fancy bronzer and try Armani's Sun bronzers ($54). I want to go see these today, actually.

And things that got crossed off The Wishlist:
Untitled #11

  • Clinique Neutral Territory 2 palette, $36. I waffled over this endlessly, but eventually decided that I have a lot of neutrals and later I'll just pick up the Black Honey single.
  • Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess, $62. This one has a cult following, but I smelled it in store and it's just a touch too sunscreen-esque for my taste. A little too warm and almost suffocating.
  • Dior Fluid Sticks, $35. Lots of split opinions about this one, but I ultimately ruled that it wasn't for me. 
  • Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector, $38. Originally on my wishlist, but many of you said the pressed version was sparklecity and far too obvious. Thank you for crossing it off my list!
  • Dior Sailor & Yacht, $30. I love Dior polishes, but the ridiculous stickers + price hike because of said ridiculous stickers made these a no go. I still want a good nude polish, but I think I'll finally pick up Lippmann Naked. Also, I already have Dior Electric Blue.
  • Same with YSL Bleu Celadon. I may still cave and buy it in a moment of weakness, but for the moment, I'll settle with both Dior Porcelaine and St. Tropez; neither are direct matches, but they are in the same family (still...I wear both quite often and am halfway through my bottle of St. Tropez, so we'll see what happens.)
  • YSL Bleus Lumiere palette, $60. The colors still make me swoon, but I've never gotten on with the texture of YSL shadows, and I already decided on the Marc Jacobs, above, which is similarly colorful.
That wraps us up. What have you passed on and indulged in lately?