Sunday, April 13, 2014

Snapshot: Currently Loving, April 2014

Hi. Let's talk about some fun things in April.

First, if you follow me on Instagram, you'll have seen that we adopted a new dog. 
New member of the family. Sheeba! 7 year old Cattle Dog/ Border Collie Mix.
She and Dennison are progressing; Dennison's a bit of a catdog, so he doesn't really know how to dog. She really likes him, though, and follows him everywhere. It's helping him stay occupied when we leave the apartment, which is excellent. We've been thinking about another dog, and the behavioralist suggested that it might be a good idea for Dennison. Sheeba is a sweetheart.

Next love: scented Sarasa pens. I like to write out my lecture notes, old-school style, and these come in fun colors and are tea-scented (e.g., "lemon tea, milk tea, grape tea etc."). Also loving the Exacompta journal (they're refillable). (You can find these things at Jetpens!).

I've also been dabbling in fun, bright spring shades for nails. Below: Dior Porcelaine, Lucky, Saint Tropez, Electric Blue; Sephora Formula X Astrolady (textured glitter, but for some reason, I really like it!) and Unstoppable.

Last thing: been collecting some fun jewelry pieces to brighten up work outfits (I try to dress like a grown-up for my lectures). I am liking these pieces from Olive + Piper (purchased during their April Fool's Day sale) and also these cute sterling silver bee studs from Tashi.

What have you been up to lately? The weather has been getting warmer (and fabulous!) and it's nice to be outdoors more and more. I'm also relieved to be putting away the heavy winter coats and taking out dresses and cute sandals. Any recent finds? How are you enjoying spring?