I don't know what it is about this winter, but even though we didn't experience that "polar vortex" thing in our corner of the PNW, I've felt like this season has been worse than usual. I generally get a bit Eeyore by March, because six months of wind, rain, and no sun is a bit much and this is typically the "last straw" month.
This means I'm embracing bright, sunny shades wholeheartedly, even though it's not quite spring yet (and some of these are more typical of summer, perhaps). To go with my spring scents, here are my recent lip loves.
|L-R, one swipe each: Shu Uemura Sweet Devil Rouge, Clinique Mightiest Maraschino, YSL 103 Opium Persan, Dior Enchanted Rose, Maybelline Nude Illusion, Breathtaking Apricot, Mandarin Rapture|
We've got pink, orange, almost-red, and my new favorite nude.
- Maybelline Lip Elixirs in Mandarin Rapture, Breathtaking Apricot, and Nude Illusion. I picked up Nude Illusion in round one, and recently bought the other two during a drugstore sale. Full review soon, but the formula is still good, and they're juicy, vibrant shades that work well with a fresh face.
- YSL Gloss Volupté in 103 Opium Persan. Orange all the things!
- Clinique Chubby Stick Intense in Mightiest Maraschino*. The fuchsia leanings of this shade make it fresh and spring-like; it's a nice spin on the classic red, and I still quite like it.
- Shu Uemura Sweet Devil Rouge. Another balm-like, jelly, easy-to-wear shade. Still in love. That is all.
- Dior Addict Gloss in Enchanted Rose. An LE shade from the Holiday 2013 collection; it's a glittery peachy-pink-nude that I have whole-heartedly embraced. Moisturizing, sparkly, and encased in that beautiful Dior tube...yep. Keeps the Eeyore blues away.
|Look at the sparkle! (Dior Enchanted Rose).|