Sunday, March 16, 2014

Copper + Navy Blue: Inspired by Scarlett Johansson

[source]
As always, I didn't try to exactly replicate the look - I just used the colors as inspiration. I've also been wanting to try MAC Blue Brown over a blue base, so I thought this was the perfect opportunity. 

I started with Clinique Chubby Stick in Massive Midnight*, applying it all over the lid, but not taking it up too far above the crease. Then I patted MAC Blue Brown over the entire lid. I blended out the edges with the theBalm Shameless Shana (a warm copper) and a fluffy brush. Then I finished with Sephora Pool Party (Waterproof Eyeliner - one of my favorite line of liquid liners) along the upper lashline, and mascara (Clinique High Impact Curling).
On lips: Dior Enchanted Rose.
I'm still really pleased with MAC Blue Brown. I wear it often, even though it's spring and I'm supposed to be cavorting with pastels.

It's not as orangey-copper as ScarJo's original look, so I think I'll try that again, as well, but I need a brighter copper shadow. Any suggestions? What colors are you experimenting with this spring?