Monday, February 17, 2014

Color Craze: Soft Orange

[Products marked * were gifts from awesome people.]

I think I might have a problem.
I like orange things, you see.
Chanel June* (LE, no longer available) was a gift from the super awesome Tracy. Dior Blossom is currently out now (spring 2014, LE), and Spring Ball* was from last year - this bottle was a gift from my brother. It's the peachiest of the three.

I have a lot of them. I prefer "orange" products that don't have too much pink in them (because then they're "peach," and that's a whole different ball game, kiddos).
Fyrinnae Rapunzel Has Extensions eye shadow, Dior Bal d'été gloss, YSL Gloss Volupte 103 Opium Persan.


Okay, some of them might be peach-ier, when you compare them all. But I love them all the same. And they still tend orange. I find that these shades are pretty flattering on my particular brand of Martian skin...
L-R: Dior Délice, Shu Uemura Bright Orange*, Shu Uemura OB Dream Orange*, Dior Bal d'été Addict Gloss, YSL Gloss Volupte 103 Opium Persan, Shu Uemura Orange Quartz, MAC Honey Jasmine, MAC Fresh Honey, Shu Uemura Duocolor Cheek Fresh Apricot*, Fyrinnae Rapunzel Had Extensions, Shiseido RD299 middle shade.

Dior Délice is slightly darker than Shu Uemura's OB Dream Orange, but the former is still available (though I would have to say that I wear the latter more often). Shu Uemura Bright Orange looks coral, but it shows up a bit more red-orange on lips. Dior Bal d'éte is pearly and slightly more yellow than YSL 103 Opium Persan; the latter is glittery and redder. 

Shu Uemura Orange Quartz is a cream-mousse-something-soft-and-squishy blush from the Bijoux Spring 2014 collection; it's limited edition (I'll try to review it soon) and a beautiful, soft apricot with a sheen. MAC Honey Jasmine is a satin powder blush that is pinker than Fresh Honey (LE mineralize formula). Neither is still available (eep!), and neither is Shu Uemura Duocolor Fresh Apricot (the most yellow of the bunch). I wonder why orange shades are only limited releases and special editions? I LIKE THEM. MORE, PLEASE.
Close up of the above photo, from MAC Honey Jasmine onward.

Fyrinnae Rapunzel Had Extensions is really similar to the middle shade of the Shiseido RD299 Beach Grass trio; the pressed Shiseido shadow is overall easier to use, though, and it's a touch more peach, less frosty gold.
Same photo again, but just the left side: Dior Délice, Shu Uemura Bright Orange*, Shu Uemura OB Dream OrangeDior Bal d'étéYSL Gloss Volupte 103 Opium Persan, Shu Uemura Orange Quartz.

Yeah, I could probably stop now. I do want an orange, orange, orange eye shadow, though. Any suggestions? 

What color do you gravitate toward and collect?