Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Thick Olive Winged Liner: Inspired by MAC at Badgley Mischka

[Products marked with a * were gifts from friends.]
MAC for Badgley Mischka, AW13 NYFW.
[source]
I've been hunting for inspiration lately. I really liked the bold olive liner in the above photo, and decided to try adapting it for my eye & face shape.
For some reason, I wasn't feeling a bold lip. This is Shu Uemura Bright Orange* blotted down. I also skipped the mint lower lashline on the model. And mascara. Because I'm a lazy pants.

It's not really olive, I guess. Some kinda murky brown-green-gold thing. 
I started with Tarte Gold* to create the overall winged shape. I went over it with Urban Decay pencils in Bourbon and Mildew to transform and darken the color, and then patted a few green and brown shadows from theBalm Shady Lady Vol. 1 palette to set the winged line. A little different from the norm, and kind of fun without looking too crazy. I think it'd be fun to try with a more vibrant shade - like turquoise or kelly green, some kind of jewel tone.

What have you been experimenting with in terms of new looks or products? Winter is so blah. Need to spice it up somehow!