Friday, January 17, 2014

Lips: Winter Wardrobe

The winter color palette is often dreamy frosted metallics, or stark, intense colors. It makes for a wide array of seasonal lip shades, but the cold weather usually has me reaching for the most moisturizing products on a daily basis. Don't get me wrong - I love my vamps - but these are the products I'm wearing the most this winter.

Dior Addict Glosses in Bal d'été and Étoilée: Enough said about these, I think - I find them moisturizing, with no offensive scent or taste. The colors are pretty. I like 'em. I wore Bal d'été in the second look of this post. Will try to have swatches of Étoilée later.

Natio Paw Paw Lip Balm*: a gift from the lovely Vita. It's an Australian brand that we can't get here, but the tube is generously sized. I do dislike the tube opening - it's not an applicator, just an opening like any old hand cream - because I have to use my finger to apply. Still, it's a thick, fluid balm that isn't bad for winter.

Osmia Organics Honey-Myrrh Lip Repair: This is hard to dig out of the pot, in all honesty. It has a hard texture that does soften up once it warms up on lips; I also have to use my fingers here and that's not my preference. However, it is a good lip repair product. On freezing mornings when it's dark out and I have to run the McFlufferson outside, I have to smooth some of this on my lips before I go outside. It's also a nice bedtime treatment - my lips are soft and still have remnants of product in the morning (which isn't as gross as it sounds, haha).

Osmia Organics Lip Luster: This is the old version, reviewed here. The new version is lanolin-free and I really want to try one. Comes in more colors now, too. Good for days when I don't want to be all gloss-glammed up, but still want a hint of color and moisture.

Shu Uemura lipstick in Dream Orange*: A gift from Tracy! And ugh, guys, why didn't anyone tell me that Shu lipsticks were so good? Lightweight, non-drying (even a touch moisturizing!) and so, so pretty. Glossy and on the sheer side, this is a pretty, pretty creamsicle orange-peach.

Epic Blend Unflavored lip balm: Another spectacular Tracy gift. Because my preference is for unflavored, unscented lip products, always. And I wasn't convinced about something that looks like chapstick, but guys, I'm converted. This is THE TUBE of lip balm to have at all times. Smooth it on in the AM before lipstick (it's not super shiny, which is nice), wear alone, wear always. I'm converted. And thank you, for the love of puppies, for making unscented-unflavored. I love.

That's a wrap. What lip products have you been reaching for over and over this winter? Let me know. This seems like a lot. But I could always use more.