Saturday, January 11, 2014

Dior Spring 2014: Pastels for Nails (Of Course)

[Purchased by me].
As I said, I'm a fan of Dior's polishes. I like the formulas and the wide brush, and the well-edited collections every season (except holiday - I hate the gold bubble bottle and never buy any) always draw my attention. I ordered three of the spring polishes from Nordstrom, and I'm still thinking about that sparkly matte top coat.

Anyway.

Here's Porcelaine. It's a pastel, so the first coat does go on a bit streaky. Evens out after that, though, and I just did 3 for opacity. I could see getting away with two. Each coat dried really quickly, which was nice. It's not unique or mind-blowing, but I didn't have this color and now I do. *shrugs*I'm a sucker for pastels, what can I say?
With top coat (Butter London Hardwear).

I put one coat of Pampille over two coats of Porcelaine on the ring finger of each hand. It's super pretty - I should have done that with all of them. Next time!
Same as above - not sure why I picked up the Pampille bottle for this.

Here's three coats of Pampille. Yes, it's sheer - it's a milky, subtly shimmery sparkling white thing. It won't be everyone's cup of tea, but I do sometimes have a craving for a "clean slate" shade like this, and this is white without being stark and neon (although sometimes I like that, too). It has more of a pearly purple cast than the mint seen in the bottle, and a purple-green shimmer that I could not catch on camera. I am a little disappointed that it's not as pretty on nails as it is in the bottle. I do think that Pampille makes a pretty top coat, though, especially over Porcelaine or something like Essie Mint Candy Apple.
Three coats Pampille over base coat, with top coat.

Like I said earlier, I like these - but that's because I like Dior's formula and having the pretty bottles all lined up in a row makes me squee. I don't think they're must-haves (although come on, Porcelaine?). I'm going to wear Blossom next, so I'll try to have a review of that up quickly, to help with any decisions you might be mulling over right now. I think whether you want to splurge on Dior polish is a personal decision; they're $24/bottle and these are limited edition.