Sunday, December 8, 2013

That Smoky Eye Thing Again: Inspired by Han Hyo Joo

[Most of the products used in this post were purchased by me, except * which were gifts].
[source]
I've been feeling pretty lame about makeup lately, so I've been scrolling through my Pinterest inspiration boards for things to try (last time I did Karen Gillan). I love the above image of Han Hyo Joo (Korean actress, I think?), with the smoky eyes and peachy tones on lips and cheeks. I always feel the need to plaster DISCLAIMERS everywhere - I think it's quite obvious that I'm no makeup artist (and don't have these FACES), so my versions are loose interpretations, based on what I take away from the image about color and style.
Smoky eyes seem like the thing to do if you dabble in makeup, but actually, I suck at it...and rarely do it, ha.
For eyes, I used Tarte Gold as a base, a shade from Shiseido's BR231 palette, and then layered Chanel Mirifique and a black sparkly shade from theBalm's Shady Lady Vol. 3 palette over that. I used a fluffy brush and MAC Moleskin* to blend it all to hell, and then dabbed Fyrinnae Polar Bear in the center of the lid and under the eyes for a bit of glow. I probably should have added mascara, but eh. *lazy*

Cheeks are MAC Early Morning + Fresh Honey, and I used MAC Whisper of Gilt all over to highlight. Lips are Dior Angélique Beige. Brows are Shameless Shana from theBalm Shady Lady Vol. 1, and I used Bobbi Brown's corrector in Peach and Annabelle BB Compact Makeup under eyes.

What are your favorite eye shadows for THE SMOKY EYE? Do you stick with traditional black, or do you go for browns or colors?