Saturday, December 7, 2013

Palette Tag

There are a lot of tags going around, lately! I was tagged by Lily of ChloeAsh. I use most of these pretty often, with the exception of the "regret," so I don't feel that bad, I guess. I find palettes convenient for the most part, so I use my palettes more than single eye shadows.

1. Best Packaging
2. Best Color Payoff
3. Most Versatile
4. Best for Traveling
5. Biggest Regret 
6. Best Color Names
7. Least Used
8. Most Used
9. Most Loved
10. Desert Island

Here are my picks!

1. Best PackagingBurberry Pink Taupe. Burberry packaging often hits it out of the park. I love the hefty metallic square palette and its patterns.




2. Best Color Payoff and 4. Best for Traveling: 
Tarina Tarantino Wonderful. I love the pigmentation of TT shadows and wish they had different palettes with more mixtures of colors rather than the monochrome sort of themes that they do well. This is the palette I usually travel with, although now that I use theBalm Shady Lady Vol.1 for brows as well, I'll probably take that one on my trip with me instead.

3. Most Versatile: 
theBalm Shady Lady Vol. 1. Especially now, since I use one of the shadows as a brow shade. I love the mix of dark colors that I actually use (dark green, dark blue) and the pale gold is one of my favorites.


5. Biggest Regret, 6. Best Color Names:, and 7. Least Used: TT Emerald City. It's not that that palette is of poor quality or anything, but I rarely use the colors in this palette together, so if I want to use one of them, I also have to take out another eye shadow single or palette, and the bulky packaging of this one just means I rarely do that. I should de-pot it, but I don't have a Z palette or anything, and I'm lazy.
Best color names because I love shades inspired by characters and literature.



8. Most Used: Clinique Teddy Bear quad (old version). It's all matte, which makes it so easy for days when I want really tame, neutral eyes. The lightest color is my favorite browbone highlight shade, as well. (You can see the dip in the third color - my favorite neutral, matte wash of color).

9. Most Loved:  Shiseido palettes (specifically, BE231).

YE406 and BE231. Shiseido shadows aren't the most pigmented, but I absolutely love the buttery texture and the multi-dimensional quality of them. They're really easy to wear and never look excessive, even the bright shades in the YE406 palette. If I could only use one brand's shadows, it'd be Shiseido's.

10. Desert Island: This is silly. Like Lily said, there are a billion other things I'd be more worried about, ha. I think the intention behind this question goes with "best for traveling," so I'll leave it at that.


It's been fun doing tags, lately. Now, I want to see your palettes. Take 'em out.