Thursday, December 12, 2013

Liquid Lipstick Love: Shiseido Lacquer Rouge BR616

[Product was a gift from the supremely awesome Liz.]

Truth be told, I kind of like brown lipstick (see here). If it's not your sort of thing, though, I get that. But as a last ditch effort, lemme show you something.
Left: Shiseido BR616 Lacquer Rouge; Right: L'Oreal Everlasting Caramel Color Caresse Stain

Isn't it pretty? It's a reddish brown with a glorious copper shimmer. Like my hair, without the "glorious copper shimmer" bit.
Wearing Shiseido Lacquer Rouge in BR616 over some balm (my lips are terrible this winter)It's a reddish brown with a glorious copper-gold shimmer.
This is Shiseido's Lacquer Rouge in BR616. It was a gift from a lovely person, and it is part of Shiseido's Fall/Winter 2013 collection. It is brown. But it is AWESOME.
Layered over Osmia's Lip Repair here, because it's winter and it's FREEZING and my lips need some love. But it goes on smoothly on its own (I've worn it that way as well - I just put on lip balm first thing in the morning nowadays).
At least, I think so. The texture is not as fluid as I expected - or well, it's not as loose. It reminds of of Becca's lip glosses, actually, but the texture on lips is not tacky or sticky. It does take a little bit of care to apply them evenly with the doe foot applicator, but again, that reminds me exactly of Becca's more opaque lip gloss colors.

Um, I'm kind of in love. And there are more for spring!
Other makeup: Bobbi Brown Corrector in Peach, Annabelle BB Compact Makeup (set concealer), Chanel Mirifique, Tarte Gold, Shiseido BE231 middle shade, MAC Early Morning, MAC Whisper of Gilt.
It's the perfect cold weather lip, I think, all warm and toasty. It's beautiful. I haven't tried other liquid lipsticks, but you know, at this point, I don't think I need to. I also want to try layering it over a red lipliner...more on that later.

Have you tried these? How do you feel about liquid lipsticks?