Monday, December 23, 2013

Elizabeth Dehn for One Love Organics: Active Moisture Vitamin E Eye Balm

[Product was purchased by me.]

First thing: when they say "eye balm," they do mean "balm." It resembles lip balm more than a traditional eye cream. In the cold Seattle weather, it's very hard, and even running my finger in the jar doesn't warm up a lot of product. This is actually a bit of frustration for me; if you get a little bit on your finger (or under your fingernail) it actually ends up being a lot of product. But when it's really cold, I can barely get any residue on my finger to use under my eyes. I wouldn't mind seeing this product in a flatter jar with a wider mouth, or something else entirely. Would it hold up as a stick, I wonder? I'm not sure, but this jar is beyond frustrating to me.

Anyway, packaging issues aside, I really am liking this as an undereye treatment. I was using it only in the mornings for a while, but then I ran out of my night eye cream, so I started using it at night, as well (the product packaging advises a little in the morning, and a more generous amount at night). I love how hydrated it keeps the undereye area; makeup applies seamlessly over it, and it is easy to pat into skin. It smells very strongly of lavender, so if you are sensitive, this probably isn't the product for you.

The product claims that it has "A powerful blend of vitamins and anti-oxidants, this luxurious, intensely hydrating waterless eye balm melts into skin to restore radiance to the delicate eye area. Pomegranate, eyebright and ginseng naturally lift and plump while providing continuous hydration throughout the day." I have seen a difference in my eye bags lately, actually, and it definitely keeps the eye area hydrated throughout the day.
However, if you are traveling through Hawaii, be warned - it melts. Hahaha. (Photo modified with the Line Camera App).




I think I'm going to go back to using a different eye cream at night, but I do like this one for daily morning use. If you don't mind the smell of lavender and are looking for an extremely hydrating eye treatment, this is one to try.

[I'm still on vacation! I'll be back to blog reading and commenting after the new year. Happy holidays, everyone!]

Active ingredients: raw organic butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, organic helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, punica granatum (pomegranate) sterois, polyhydroxystearic acid, tocopherol (vitamin e), raw virgin rubus iddaeus (red raspberry) seed oil, organic euphrasia officinalis (eyebright) extract, organic panax quinquefolius (american ginseng) extract, organic glycrrhiza glabra (licorice) root extract, organic lavendula angustifolia (bulgarian lavender) essential oil, organic foeniculum vulgare dulce (fennel) oil