Monday, November 4, 2013

Shea Terra Organics Argan Oil

[Product was purchased by me.]

I like facial oils a lot, these days. I prefer them to traditional creams and gels, probably because they're easy to rub in (I'm lazy), and they're pretty basic items - most bottled products are primarily a single oil. That's the case here with the Shea Terra Organics Argan Oil.
I also appreciate the pump packaging. Droppers are nice, but you're still opening the bottle every single time.

I purchased this because it was reasonably priced for a 1-ingredient (100% pure Argan oil, unrefined) Argan Oil at $24 for 2 oz (I believe it was also on sale at the time; I bought mine from drugstore.com; it's also available from Beauty Sage). For comparison, Josie Maran's is $48 for 1.7 oz.

This bottle also fits my other requirement for facial oils - they have to have dark or opaque packaging. Most of these guys will eventually degrade when exposed to light (even your olive oil comes in tinted bottles, right?), so I simply will not purchase any Argan Oil that comes in clear plastic or glass bottles. The end.

I've tried Argan Oils in the past, and this one is just as nice as any other - easy to work into skin, not heavily scented, and moisturizing without being greasy. It's lighter than Weleda's Almond Oil (that is a winter time champion!) but it's doing quite nicely right now. I'm only using it at  night so far, but once the weather really becomes depressing, I'll be using it both in the morning and at night.

If you're looking to jump into facial oils, this is one to try.