Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Osmia Organics Lip Luster is Lustworthy

[Product was purchased by me.]

We'll start with the bottom line: I like it. A lot. I wish it came in more colors (although this one is fine for a natural tint, so really, I don't actually think I need more colors. That's just the crazy talking.). However, I think this is the old version of the Lip Luster - it's been reformulated recently.

It has a thicker consistency and a faintly off-putting lanolin scent that doesn't linger too long (if you're allergic or sensitive to lanolin, I believe the new version is lanolin-free).
It has a stiff texture in the tube (I don't know how much of that is from the cold and how much of that is inherent to the product), but it smooths out nicely on lips.
The color in the tube and on hands is beet-red, sort of a blood color. On lips it's just shiny, and makes lips perhaps just a touch darker and browner than they normally are. It's smooth and cushiony (it looks like there are gritty particles in the swatch above, but it never feels that way); I usually squeeze some out of the tube, transfer it to my finger, and then apply that way. It doesn't apply as evenly from the tube, and I hate getting the tip all sticky and messy.
Shiny!
It does protect against the cold (I like to wear something like this at all times when going out into the elements at this time of year) and it adds a touch of color to an otherwise wan face, brightening things up. My lips have been in better condition, lately, thanks to this and the Lip Repair (review forthcoming). At $18, it's pricey, but it has a simple list of ingredients and I get along with these textures much better than stick balms, which are often too waxy for me and end up drying my lips further.

Larie recommended.

$18 at Osmia Organics.