Friday, November 8, 2013

Ole Henriksen Enlighten Me Serum

[Products in this post were purchased by me.]
I love pump packaging.

I'm going to start this off by saying, for the love of puppies, do not use a full pump for your face. Unless you have two heads. And I know, I know - I don't want to be like one of those people at Starbucks who rattles off their "half-caff, 31% whole milk, 54% soy, 15% fairy tears, half pump hazelnut latte" order (seriously, I feel like the barista is scheming ways to strangle them with their straws), but you know, DON'T DO IT.

You will have STICKY FACE. The dripping, sticky face. Not recommended. Half a pump is all that's necessary.

But I DO recommend trying the Enlighten Me Pigment Lightening Serum. Like the Truth serum, it sinks in quickly and leaves your face feeling tacky. That goes away after a minute or so, but if you're unsure, find a tester and pump some on your hand.

Also, all Ole Henriksen products have a strong smell. I don't see that mysterious "fragrance" ingredient in the list, so I have to assume that the scent is the result of using the ingredients that they do, which are naturally fragrant. This one kind of smells like oranges and like something kind of herbal. Doesn't bother me, and doesn't linger very long.

I use this at night, before moisturizer, as I mentioned in my summer skincare roundup. I don't usually change out my serums with the seasons. As far as ingredients go, this contains Vitamin C, lactic acid, and lemon and mulberry extracts, to do all the skin tone correcting that it claims to do. I've only been using this for a few months, so I am not expecting drastic results already, but you know, I think I like it. Pricewise, it's on par with Clinique's Even Better Skin Tone corrector (I've gone through several bottles of that), but I think I like this one slightly better.

Also, worth mentioning: I had some problems with my first bottle; it was leaking and creating a mess even though there weren't any cracks. I tweeted about this, and an Ole Henriksen representative got in touch with me and sent out a new bottle right away (this one is fine). I always want to note wonderful customer service (just as I will call out terrible experiences), and I was really impressed with them.

I don't see this on Sephora's site any more, but it is available with Ole Henriksen (and they're doing 20% right now as well, I see!) at $48 for 1 oz.

[If you are reading this on any other site besides Eye Heart It, it is stolen content and should be reported. Thank you!]