Saturday, November 23, 2013

Illamasqua Zygomatic

[Product was purchased by me.]
Illamasqua Zygomatic cream blusher.

I'm on a pinky-brown-neutral-something kick (read: madly, madly in love with UD Naked 3 - it will be mine!), and Illamasqua Zygomatic fits the theme perfectly. I picked it up during the Sephora VIB sale. I own Libido, which is on the other end of the spectrum (bright orange).
L-R: Marcelle Enchantment (which is a lipstick, but I often use it as cream blush), Illamasqua Zygomatic, Tarte Stellar (powder blush).

I like Zygomatic for a "natural" look - you know, something that just gives you a touch of color but just enhances your natural features, rather than screaming "I AM WEARING BLUSH, B*TCHES*" (I promise, I have those days, and they're not pretty - or on purpose, but we're spiralling onto tangents here).
Wearing Zygomatic here. It looks like it's barely there but it gives some definition to cheeks.
On lips: Dior
Garçonne. Necklace was a gift; it's from Taraxca in Vancouver.
Illamasqua cream blushers definitely apply better if I'm wearing some kind of base product; since I like to go without foundation a lot lately, I have to work with it a little more to apply evenly on my cheeks, but I actually find that the MAC 188 brush works better than my RT Stippling brush in this case.

I don't think the formula is THE cream formula, but I do like it - it leaves a dewy finish, making me look fresh. And they make a lot of great colors, which is nice to see (not just the blah blah peach blah blah shades from every other brand). They're $26 each; I bought mine from Sephora.

How do you feel about barely-there blush shades?

ingredients: caprylic/capric triglyceride, octyldodecanol, cetyl palmitate, petrolatum, cera carnauba (copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax), candelilla cera (euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax), C18-38 alkyl hydroxystearoyl stearate, kaolin, tocopherol, parfum (fragrance) and may contain: [+/- titanium dioxide CI 77891, iron oxides CI 77491, CI77492, CI 77499, red 7 CI 15850, yellow 5 lake CI 19140, red 36 CI 12085, red 21 lake CI 45380, carmine CI 75470, blue 1 lake CI 42090, manganese violet CI 77742, mica]. May contain carmine as a color additive.