Sunday, November 17, 2013

Dior Addict Extreme in Délice is, Indeed, Delightful

[Products in this post were purchased by me.]

This is a Larie color.

Although, well, I guess, technically it's coral.

...

Enough about that. I like the Dior Addicts and Addict Extremes; Délice actually comes in both formulas (and the gloss!) but I decided to be EXTREME.

It goes on well and lips stay comfortable; since it's kind of a creamy, opaque shade, it can settle into lip lines, but I just reapply or smooth it out with a finger, and it's fine. Wear time is a couple of hours, and I will say that this doesn't seem to fade as evenly as other Dior lipstick that I have - sometimes I end up with the dreaded lipstick ring (which isn't too obvious with this shade, but still annoying); to combat that, I just reapply often, which I have no problem doing.

Délice can feel a little jarringly bright sometimes (coral does that, I think, on my skin tone), even though it's nowhere near as bright as some other shades that I routinely wear. Damn corals. For a more wearable version, try the regular Addict version - it's roughly the same shade, but much more sheer.



The last thing I want to mention is that this isn't one of those amazing shades that make your teeth seem whiter than normal; if anything, it probably lends them more of a yellow tone (sigh). All of that does make it seem like this lipstick may not be worth your trouble, but you know, sometimes products have a handful of difficulties, yet we still like them. I sort of feel that way about this one. I like it, but I can admit its faults.

Dior Addict Extremes run $31 each at Sephora, Nordstrom, and other department store retailers. Treat yo'self.

[If you are reading this on any other site besides Eye Heart It, it is stolen content and should be reported. Thank you!]