Monday, November 25, 2013

Clinique Mightiest Maraschino Is Cherry...Pink

[Product was a 100 pt. perk from Sephora's Beauty Insider program.]
It's so cute. Clinique Chubby Stick Intense mini in Mightiest Maraschino.

It's not red, you know.

So I'm in the clear. Plus, it was more or less free.

(If you don't count the money I spent to earn the points for it. Ahem. Let's not, okay? In the spirit of Christmas and all that. Generosity.)
Some comparisons. L-R: Bite Beauty Pomegranate, Rouge d'Armani 400, Clinique Mightiest Maraschino, Marcelle Cleopatra, Tarte Moody. You can see that it leans more pink than red.

Mightiest Maraschino is more of a fuchsia on me - the color of maraschino cherries in the jar. I don't eat those.
Clinique Mightiest Maraschino. The crayon tip makes it pretty easy to apply. I don't know if it stays that way, though, once the tip starts to wear down.
Wearing Mightiest Maraschino. Also, apparently, if I let it, my hair does this wave thing.

But I can wear it! And so can you.
Dennison likes to be in all of my photos.

The end.

Actually, no. I wasn't in love with the original Chubby Sticks, because I didn't find them moisturizing and they were supposed to be. These are supposed to be intense, so I think of Mightiest Maraschino more as a regular lipstick. It's not drying, and is pretty comfortable to wear.

None of the other colors really stands out to me right now, but I am enjoying this one. Plus, it's mini and mini things are adorable.

Have you tried these? What are your thoughts on these versus the original?