Friday, October 11, 2013

Some Kind of FOTD: Minimalist

[Products featured in this post were purchased by me, except *, which were gifts.]

It's not really a smokey eye (unless it's okay that's there more eye, less smoke), and it features a nude lip and a pretty minimal face. Not that my face is minimal. But the makeup is.
Are my bangs crooked, or is my face crooked? Life's mysteries...
You see why I had problems with a name?
I can never do a really dramatic smoky eye. I just settle for a darker shade in the crease and lots of blending.

Anyhow. I've been skipping foundation lately, because it feels heavy and well, I've grown fond of my freckles. I make sure to conceal my undereye circles, and apply highlighter (I've been using MAC Whisper of Gilt daily for months) to fake that glow. (Also. RMS Uncover Up is on its way to me - for some reason there are shipping delays. I wonder if this is related to the government shutdown?)

Face
Benefit Fake Up 01 Light*
Bobbi Brown Corrector Peach
Tarte Stellar*
MAC Whisper of Gilt

Eyes
MUFE Aqua Brow 25
Laura Mercier Sandglow
Shiseido BE231 Trio
Tarina Tarantino Wonderful palette
Smashbox Limitless Liquid Liner
Clinique Lash Power mascara (! This isn't paraben-free. BUT I really wanted to try a tubing mascara, just to see how it works. I'm kind of in love and this is unfortunate.)

Lips
Dior Angélique Beige
Revlon Gold Dust

The light in our new apartment is much better, but Seattle fall and winter days are terribly short...I apologize for the blurriness. Freaks out my camera. What's your favorite makeup for minimalist days?