Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Skincare Quickie: Neutrogena Blackhead Eliminating Daily Scrub

[Purchased by me.]

This is a simple staple in the household. I like exfoliators that both S. and I can use, and he doesn't particularly like things that are too frilly or complicated. This is neither. It has salicylic acid and large, round, gentle exfoliating beads, for both a physical and chemical scrub.
Our new apartment has granite countertops. Oh, so much love.
I use it maybe 2-3 times a week in the shower (in lieu of a final cleanser, like Ole Henriksen's On the Go), and I think S. does the same (I know he uses it, I just don't know how often. I could ask, I suppose, but then he looks at me funny). I don't have particularly acne-prone skin, but I do believe in preventative measures, all the same, as well as diminishing the appearance/occurrence of blackheads. I think this Neutrogena scrub really does work, and it's very gentle. It probably could be used daily, especially if you have oily skin (we both have dry skin). I've already repurchased this a few times. Nothing ground-breaking or earth-shaking, but stability is good, too.

It's nice to find dependable products on the cheap. What's your favorite exfoliating product?