Friday, October 18, 2013

Learning How to "Heat It Up"

[Products marked with a * were a gift; everything else was purchased by me.]

I have been a redhead for all of two days now, but I am learning that clothing colors and makeup colors now matter. A lot. If I wear makeup that is a little too cool or too pale, I look really washed out, and well, that's not hot.

Hot. Get it? Warm

Ok. Maybe just lukewarm. But you know what I mean. I didn't really worry about these things too much before, although certain colors were avoided because they zombified me. Also, the eyebrow situation. THE EYEBROW SITUATION.

Who knew this was so complicated? Today I tried a few things, though, and I like how they turned out, so I thought I'd share. I needed to warm up my face, so I added bronzer. Even though it's autumn and the weather is cool. BRONZER. I needs it. I also used a coppery shadow, and skipped my MUFE brow gel, opting for a warmer, reddish brown shadow to just gently shade in patches. It's a softer brow look but I think it works, especially since my bangs hide most of them.
Also, I think I can no longer wear lavender, and must buy many much more blue and green tops...
I had a little problem with lips (nothing seemed to work!) so I settled for orangey gloss. God, I love orangey gloss. I need ten more tubes of it (I'm about halfway through my tube of Rising Sun!).

Face
Bobbi Brown Corrector in Peach, Annabelle BB Compact, RMS Beauty Uncover Up in 11
Dior Aurora bronzer, MAC Honey Jasmine
MAC Whisper of Gilt

Eyes
Tarte Gold pencil*
Tarina Tarantino Wonderful palette
theBalm Shady Lady Vol. 3 Racy Kacy
Smashbox Limitless Liquid liner
Clinique Lash Power mascara

Lips
MAC Rising Sun cremesheen

I'm so in love with this shade of red. The change is exhilarating! Thank you for all of your kind comments and helpful tips regarding color treated hair. How do you warm up your looks? Do you have tips on how to deal with brows that are in stark contrast to hair color?