Sunday, October 13, 2013

A New Red for Autumn: Laura Mercier Rouge Nouveau in Mink

[Product was purchased by me.]
I love the sleek packaging of these Rouge Nouveau lipsticks.
I have a bit of a thing for red lipstick. And mattes. Which is why I've fallen head over heels for Laura Mercier's Rouge Nouveau in Mink. It's described as "brick red," which is how it swatched on my hand, but once worn, it turns into a gorgeous strawberry sort of shade. With, yes, brick red undertones...but i's a very modern shade.
Wearing Laura Mercier Rouge Nouveau in Mink, and the makeup from this post.
It's pretty weightless because it's wax free, which means it applies a little differently than the traditional lipstick. Less crayon, more...I don't know. Feels almost like a stain. It does get a bit drying, but you know what? You can give someone a peck on the cheek (or, erm, lips), with no transfer.

So take that. I swatched it here with some other mattes. I also wore it here. The Rouge Nouveau line comes in two other finishes (Sheer and Crème, which I'm tempted to sample), and the letter of the name indicates what formula it is (i.e., Mink is Matte). I've got my eye on Muse, which is a gorgeous aubergine, but I could use a sheer formula too, maybe.

Have I convinced you to go matte, yet? 

Ingredients for Mink (taken from Laura Mercier's website):  PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRAISOSTEARATE, OCTYLDODECANOL, MICA, SILICA, POLYETHYLENE, C12-15 ALKYL BENZOATE, ISODECYL NEOPENTANOATE, TRIACONTANYL PVP, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, FLAVOR (AROMA), PENTA