Monday, September 16, 2013

Returning to Colors: Dabbling in Purple

[Products in this post were purchased by me.]

I promised a look using Maybelline's Barely Beige as an eye base, so here it is. I have to admit that after spending the summer embracing only neutral shadows, it's been a bit hard for me to incorporate color into my eye looks again. Especially purple, as I've never been a fan, and it's hard for me to wear. But you know. It's only makeup, it comes off.
Using Maybelline Barely Beige as a base. Then Shiseido BE231 (middle shade), UD Woodstock, theBalm Curvy Cami (Shady Lady Vol.1). Wearing liner and mascara, as well.

I also wanted to feature Becca Berry Twist, since I used it in my fall lip color lineup and I've been trying to wear all of those again this month to show you how they look. I've been skipping foundation a lot lately, but with purple on eyes and a dark lip color, I do think it's important to minimize any sallowness or redness, so I used a CC cream, and plenty of undereye corrector.
On lips: Becca Berry Twist.
Face: Ole Henriksen CC Cream in Light, Bobbi Brown Corrector in Peach, Tarte Stellar*, MAC Whisper of Gilt, NARS Setting Powder
Of course, there's prolly some rule against coordinating your eye makeup with your lip color.
I kind of hate my hair right now. Sorry the lighting is different. Seattle weather is not consistent, even for five minutes.
Yeah, don't care. Plus, when my eyes are open you can't see much anyway, stupid hooded eyes.

But I do like how it came out. And I think I'm ready to start playing with color again. Especially once I get my hands on that new Shiseido Color Bar palette!

What colors are you afraid to use in your daily looks? Do you go through color phases, too?