Saturday, September 14, 2013

More "Budget-Friendly-Ultra-Sophisticated-Office-Appropriate" Lip Shades

[Products purchased by me.]
Eternally Nude and Pink Resistance.
The colors I lack in my lipstick wardrobe are soft, neutrals that can be worn when one needs to look understated and at their professional best. Which isn't to say that there isn't a place for brighter, more intense lip colors in the professional world, but for, say, a job interview, it's best to play it safe. As I'm trying to step into the grown-up world soon (fingers crossed for a job!), I'm slowly changing over the items in my wardrobe to accommodate this transition: clothes, shoes, accessories, makeup. I was looking for MLBB type shades, and I like the L'Oreal Color Caresse Wet Shine Stains (Everlasting Caramel here and Coral Tattoo here), despite their slightly tacky finish. Sometimes a product has traits that I typically avoid, but the whole package appeals to me somehow. This is one of those times.

I bought both of these when there was a BOGO 50% off sale at my local drugstore. Pink Resistance is a pretty, barely-there pink. Evens out my lips and adds gloss and an appearance of plumpness. I've also tried layering it under other lip products (under Tarte Moody here) because it does give lips a smooth surface and a lot of shine. I also like it because it's pale pink without being milky.
Wearing Pink Resistance.

Eternally Nude is a touch more orange. Sometimes I need a MLBB type shade with a little bit of warmth to it, and this is it. Again, the finish is smooth and high-shine, without being glittery or shimmery. It can be layered to achieve a slightly darker orangish red tone.
Wearing Eternally Nude.

Both would be office appropriate, I think, and I love the full lip quality they lend. I don't think there are any more shades from the line that I particularly need, but I am definitely happy with these two. They regularly go for $9.99 (or thereabouts) - snag them on sale.

[If you are reading this on any other site besides Eye Heart It, it is stolen content and should be reported. Thank you!]