Monday, September 9, 2013

A Happy Mask: Ole Henriksen Blue/Black Berry Enzyme Mask

[Product was purchased by me.]
This is a gel mask that you can use once or twice a week. I usually go for once a week because I'm terrible about remembering to do things like this. Plus, they need to be applied to a clean face, and I remove my makeup in the shower. The first time I tried it, I also had taken out my contacts prior to applying it. Big mistake. You can't wear glasses when you have gooey gel all over your face for 20 minutes.
 It comes with a plastic cover that I keep so that the gel doesn't dry out. I scoop some out with a clean spatula, and then spread it all over a clean face in a thick layer. Then you doze off for 20 minutes. It never hardens, but loses its loose fluidity as it dries. You don't need a lot for a thick layer, so the jar should last a few months, at least. Probably closer to a year, ha.
The strongest smell is LAVENDER. If you have a sensitivity to lavender oil or to the scent, this is definitely not for you. I really like the way it feels (cooling, fresh) and my skin does look bright and cheerful for the next few days. It's meant to soothe and hydrate, and I would say it does both of those things. I like it! Plus, masks just make you feel so pampered, you know?

Ingredients:
What masks are you enjoying right now? I've been exploring the wide realm of masks only recently, so I'd love to hear what else people favor!